Asian cuisine is one of the most flavorful types of cuisine in the world and sushi is top of the list as one of our favorite all-around dishes!
Making sushi is pretty difficult though and can be incredibly time-consuming; especially the first few times you try it out.
So we’re making it easier for you! We’re ditching the roll, throwing it all in a bowl, keeping the robust flavor, and making it fat loss friendly! I’m excited for you to try this one out – let’s get into it!
Prep Time: 20 Min
Cook Time: 15 Min
Macros: 395 Calories – 25g Protein – 35g Carbs – 17g Fat
- 1Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1lb Shrimp
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Diced Cucumber
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Sheet Nori (Seaweed Paper)
- 2 Sliced Green Onions
- 1/2 Cup Light Mayo
- 2 Tsp Sriracha Sauce
- 2 Tsp Ketchup
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Cup Sushi Rice
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Tsp Butter
- Cook Sushi Rice in a rice cooker
- Preheat olive oil in a large frying pan over med-high heat
- Add egg and flour to two separate small bowls. Toss shrimp in egg first and then flour in batches. Then add to the frying pan. Cook each side for 1-2 minutes until crispy and shrimp are fully cooked. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate and let it cool for 2-3 minutes
- Mix together mayo, sriracha, ketchup, and spices in a large bowl until it’s a consistent sauce mixture
- Add cooled shrimp to sauce mixture and coat evenly
- Add shrimp, rice, and veggies to meal prep bowls and garnish with shredded nori sheet!
RECIPE NOTES –
- TO PREP: You can prep rice up to 24 hours in advance if that’s easier for you.
- TO SERVE: You can choose to have the rice and shrimp in separate containers and mix when you’re ready to eat to limit rice sogginess
- TO STORE: This meal is good to be stored for 5-6 days. You can store the meat separate from the rice or together.
If you try out this recipe tag me on Instagram and you just might get a shout out!